I wish I knew more about how that department operates.
I don’t know enough about our product to share with my colleagues.
What if I say the wrong thing?
Sound familiar? These are all signs of a siloed enterprise. Publicly sharing company knowledge is left to a small team (usually in PR or Marketing) rather than the full employee base, and the messaging is kept within a relatively small circle.
Employee advocacy begins with encouraging a culture of content and sharing. Companies that invest in the thought leadership of their employees often boast higher retention rates and can look forward to a culture of champions who are eager to share their company vision with their networks, online and offline.
There are huge advantages to having an engaged employee base. High engagement rates have intrinsic benefits for the employee:
- 20% more likely to stay at their company
- 27% more likely to feel optimistic about their company’s future
- 40% more likely to believe their company is more competitive
There are many enterprises who know that something in their workplace culture needs to change, but aren’t sure how to approach this transformation. Employee advocacy may be the answer – but where do you start? How can you lead this change?
When employees knowledgeable about their company and are excited to be there, the results are incredible. Social media shares, for example, can extend far beyond a company’s brand page. Research tells us that:
- Content shared by employees receives 8x more engagement than content shared by brand channels
- Brand messages reached 561% further when shared by employees vs. the same messages shared via official brand social channels
- Brand messages are re-shared24x more frequently when distributed by employees vs. brand
So with this in mind, we’re teaming up with our friends at Social Tools Summit to bring you our next webinar: Getting Your Enterprise Ready for Employee Advocacy.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What employee advocacy is – and what it isn’t
- What changes in the digital landscape mean for your enterprise
- How to empower the change leaders in your business to scale knowledge sharing with your team
- How to prepare your team for the transformation into social business
The webinar will be taking place on October 21, 2015 at 2 PM EST/11AM PST. Space is limited for the live session, but even if you cannot attend at the specified time, recordings will be emailed to all those who register. Be sure to sign up and claim your spot!